How to Use the Biological Incident Clean-up Kit
1. Keep people away from the biological incident area.
2. Don a surgical style mask and then safety glasses.
3. Don nitrile gloves.
4. Cover the spill area with disposable towels or disposable absorbent material and allow them to completely absorb the biological material.
5. Dispose of the soaked towels or absorbent material in a heavy duty plastic bag or trash bag. DO NOT label it with the word "Biohazard."
6. Spray the affected non-porous biological incident area with Benefect disinfectant solution.
7. Wipe up the Benefect disinfectant solution with disposable paper towels.
8. Dispose of the paper towels in the heavy duty plastic bag or trash bag.
9. Repeat the process of spraying the affected area with Benefect disinfectant solution and wiping dry.
10. For biological incidents larger than suitable for disposable towels, use a mop and bucket.
a. Follow steps 1-3 above.
b. Prepare a bucket with water and standard cleaner.
c. Dip, wring, and mop up biological spill.
d. Dip, wring, and mop once more.
e. Spray cleaned surfaces with disinfectant solution and allow to dry.
f. Dip mop in bucket and wring out until all excess liquid is removed.
g. Remove mop head and dispose of it in the plastic bag, or spray mop head thoroughly with disinfectant solution and launder in hot water.